Excursions on foot and/or by bike
Video “Arezzo Thank You Very Much”
1 minute and you know what to visit
1 minute video on Arezzo in the 60s
and Arezzo Antiques Fair
Video Giostra del Saracino 3 minutes
Saracen Joust Arezzo
Giostra del Saracino is part of the historical re-enactments of which central Italy is rich . Restored as a historical re-enactment in 1931, the Giostra del Saracino takes place in Arezzo in the Piazza Grande on the third Saturday of June at night and on the first Sunday of September in a daytime edition. The 4 neighborhoods of the city compete in the joust: the Porta del Foro neighborhood , the Porta Crucifera neighborhood , the Porta Sant'Andrea neighborhood and the Porta Santo Spirito neighborhood . Each knight runs the race based on the order established by the career draw , a ritual that takes place in the town square one week before the Joust. The knight carries a lance with which he must hit the board supported by the tumbler, a wooden statue representing the Saracen (hence the name). The score is between one and five points; each district runs twice until, sometimes resorting to play-offs, one district prevails over the others.
- Badia delle Sante Flora e Lucilla (the Badia) with the painted cross by Segna di Bonaventura , the high altar by Giorgio Vasari and the fake dome by Andrea Pozzo .
- Abbey of San Veriano
- Santa Caterina Conservatory
- Convent and Villa Sargiano and church of San Giovanni Battista
- Petrarca's house
- Vasari House
- “Ivan Bruschi” house-museum
- Loggias by Vasari
- Palace of the Lay Fraternity
- Palazzo dei Priori, seat of the town hall
- Palazzo Albergotti known delle Statue
- Palazzo Pretorio where the city library of Arezzo is located
- Palazzo Barbolani in Montauto
- Brandaglia Palace
- Palazzo Camaiani-Albergotti
- Palazzo Cofani-Brizzolari
- Badia Palace
- Palazzo Bruni-Ciocchi
- Fossombroni Palace
- Guillichini Palace
- Palazzo Lappoli
- Bishop's Palace
- Piazza Grande or Piazza Vasari
- Villa Sargiano
- Petrarca Theatre
- Italian barracks (former)
- Palace of the Civil Engineers
- governament Palace
- Palace of the Province
- Post Office Building
- Vasari House
- Museum of Media
- State archaeological museum Gaio Cilnio Mecenate
- Civic Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art (Arezzo)
- Diocesan Museum of Sacred Art
- Museum of medieval and modern art
- Every first Sunday of the month and the previous Saturday, the "Antiques fair“, born in 1968 from an idea of the historic Arezzo antiquarian Ivan Bruschi.
The "September fair" (Fiera del Ladle) is held on 9, 10 and 11 September each year.
Guido d'Arezzo Polyphonic Competition has been held since 1952 in the last week of August , an international competition dedicated to Guido Monaco in which choirs from all over the world participate. The competition is a stage of the European Choral Singing Grand Prix which takes place periodically in Arezzo approximately every six years.
In autumn the International Festival "The Great Appointments of Music" takes place, organized by the Italian Philharmonic Organization with the patronage of the Ministry for Cultural Heritage and Activities and the contribution of the main territorial bodies.
Book online today
VILLA SARGIANO REVIEWS
Romantic and relaxing weekend
Beautiful villa immersed in a natural park and a few km from Arezzo. The owner was professional and very kind and the room was intimate and very welcoming. I would definitely stay here again.